hello, a few things...

Notifications
Clear all

hello, a few things about controlling it.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Dan
(@danbraine)
Topic starter  

Hi, just got my dial. Using it for Reaper and Ableton. Thanks for this software. I can't believe how under developed this thing is by Microsoft...but anyway .Elephant is really cool.

A few remarks (as a mouse user):

1. I feel that the controls are the wrong way round on the radial menu. The dial rotation should adjust the mode types. The mouse click/touch should be used to adjust the sensitivity.

I want to click the dial, rotate to select the mode and click out. I don't want to go looking for my mouse and definitely do not want to change sensitivity every time I open up the menu, and move the dial.

2. Midi mode should be in the same radial menu as the dial modes. I want to click dial, rotate to select and click again to enter midi mode.

3. Following on from 2, i want to click to rotate through, and select the midi "buttons".

2.The radial menu should show (optionally) up at the same location as the mouse pointer. I think this would make choosing dial modes much easier, especially with "return to combi/"x" mode" disabled. Number 1 pretty much takes care of this though.

3. I'm not having much luck with send keystroke sensitivity in Ableton. It is not changing sensitivity, and is too sensitive.

4. It is too easy to quit the program. Can we set the time for click and hold to quit? I think 5 secs would be better.

Sorry if any of this has been brought up already.

Many thanks again!

Dan

SaveTheHuman5
(@savethehuman5)
Noble Member Admin

Elephant is a hack over the dial, some things work how work duet limitation imposed.
This is my own implementation of what I think should be for music production and a proper workflow.
What you suggest is use the dial in the MS style, what for sure I try to avoid with elephant.
I suggest combine extra buttons of mouse and hotkeys for change from one mode to other, use the dial for surf trough higher number of options have no sense, is slow and unpractical, and is the original idea from MS.

Thank you for your time to post Dan.

Note: I made some test about hotkeys with Ableton, please provide more info about how you are using that.

About: https://savethehuman5.com/about/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/SaveTheHuman5
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheHuman5

ReplyQuote
 Dan
(@danbraine)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply @savethehuman5,

I'm sorry to hear you are opposed to the idea.  I was kinda expecting the MS style but on steroids. It seems more intuitive, and is already there in the OS.  I keep turning that sensitivity dial, and exiting elephant more than i like.  I don't want to buy another mouse to make the dial more useful, or take up keys used in my DAW.  I suggest implementing an MS style. However, i am satisfied with the basic mouse take-over functionality.

Re; Ableton, I was experimenting using the wheel to jump between, select between and play between transients in the clip view, using ctrl, alt, shift, space, left, right commands. The sensitivity control did nothing AFAIK.

Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
 Dan
(@danbraine)
Topic starter  

Apologies, I put this in wrong forum. Please move at your discretion.

ReplyQuote
Share: